Fall Activities in Colorado Springs
Fall is just around the corner, which means the coziest season is upon us as the leaves begin to change, the air becomes cooler and crisper, and fun fall activities pop up all over the city. From pumpkin patches, scenic drives, fall festivals and more, you are sure to find something fun you and the whole family can enjoy. Below is a list of some ideas you can enjoy in here soon:
1. Scenic Drive: Take a drive through the mountains as the leaves begin to change color, giving off a beauty only Colorado can know. Consider taking a trip on the Gold Belt Scenic Byway, the Golden Loop Historic Parkway, or the hair raising drive along the Skyline Drive overlooking Canon City. All sure to offer beautiful fall foliage as the leaves begin to change this season.
2. Pumpkin Patch and Farms: Fall is a great time of year to visit local farms for picturesque pumpkin patches and more! Head on over to Happy Apple Farm, located near Canon City, where you can enjoy apple picking and a lovely pumpkin patch. This farm is free to enter, but you will pay per pound for your pumpkins and apples should you take any home with you. The Long Neck Pumpkin Farm is another great place to check out for your pumpkin patch needs. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased on their website HERE. The Reynolds Ranch House Harvest Festival & Miners’ Pumpkin Patch is another great place we recommend you visit this fall. With live music, a petting zoo, gold panning and more, you will be in for a great time!
4. Drinks: It is the season of brew fests and adults will be happy to know there is most likely a brew fest coming soon near you. Check out the Harvest Fest at the Holy Cross Abby in Canon City, where you will find live music, food, and lots of wine tasting! The Morrison Cider Fest has bounce houses, pony rides and more for the family friendly adventure while also providing hard cider tastings for the adults. The Haunted Brew Fest at the Norris Penrose Event is for adults only, and will feature over 70 breweries, distilleries, & wineries for you to taste and enjoy.
5. Halloween Fun: The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo will host their annual Boo at the Zoo on select dates this year, an event for the whole family to enjoy. You will also find the Oktoberfest & Trunk or Treat in Black Forest that will include German food, dancing, drinks, candy and so much more for the families to enjoy.
6. Arts and Crafts: Fall is a great time to begin your holiday shopping, and with the Sugar Plum Food and Gift Mart in October, you will be sure to get a great start on those lists with merchants providing handcrafted goods, home décor, delicious gourmet foods and more.
There is so much to do this season in and around the greater Colorado Springs area! If you have an upcoming event you would like us to add to the list, send us an email with all of the details to [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you. We hope you have a wonderful start to the Fall season and enjoy all the fun and upcoming events.